10 Home Remedies for Pimples and Acne
Acne is stubborn and can pop up at any time to anyone. Whether you are a teenager going through hormonal changes or an adult struggling with skin issues, acne attacks everyone with the same intensity! The good news is there are a number of over-the-counter products available to treat this pesky problem. But the bad news is many of the acne solutions can cause side effects like dryness, discolouration, redness, itching etc. For this reason, people look for natural home remedies for pimples.
Natural Remedies for acne and scars
If you are the one looking for the best home remedy for acne overnight, you are at the right place. Here are the top 10 home remedies for pimples to zap them and prevent new acne breakouts.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
The anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and acidic properties of apple cider vinegar make it a great choice for treating acne and scars. Make sure to use apple cider vinegar for acne treatment with caution because if not used correctly, it can do more harm than good.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for acne?
- Take a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and 3 spoons of water.
- Mix them well to make a solution
- Apply it to the targeted area twice a day.
- Wash it off after 1 minute.
2. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is an elixir for all skin issues including acne and pimples. Rich in sulphur and salicylic acid, this natural ingredient helps reduce redness and pain caused by pimples. Since aloe vera is an astringent, it also removes excessive oil from acne and speeds up the healing process.
How to use Aloe Vera for acne?
- Scoop out fresh aloe vera gel from the plant.
- Apply it to the pimples and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning.
Turmeric is a century-old practice to get a healthier and brighter complexion. Brides in India, use turmeric paste before their wedding to get spotless skin. Turmeric is widely known for its antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help treat several skin concerns like blemishes, scars, acne and so on. Combine turmeric with honey, and you would have a powerful home remedy for pimples on your hands!
How to use turmeric for acne?
- Take 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Wet your face and apply the turmeric paste all over.
- Leave it on for 5-8 minutes until dry.
- Rinse off with cold water.
4. Tea Tree oil:
Tea tree oil is a popular remedy for oily and acne-prone skin. Known for its properties to reduce inflammation and fight bacteria, tea tree oil does wonders to reduce acne and stop new breakouts. Also, it helps relieve the pain that comes with pimples.
How to use Tea Tree oil for acne?
- Dilute some drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil or any other carrier oil of your choice.
- Dab a cotton ball in the solution.
- Apply it to the acne for spot treatment.
- Rinse it off after 2-3 minutes.
5. Honey and Cinnamon
Honey and Cinnamon are the two best natural remedies for pimples and acne. With their antibacterial properties, these magical ingredients kick out acne-causing bacteria and remove acne from their roots. Furthermore, they prevent the growth of pimple-causing bacteria.
How to use Honey and Cinnamon for acne?
- Mix a paste of cinnamon powder and honey.
- Apply the paste to the cleansed face.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
6. Multani Mitti:
Who doesn’t know the skin care properties of Multani Mitti? It is one of the most popular home remedies to extract skin impurities, reduce acne, remove scars and prevent new breakouts. Use Multani mitti face pack regularly and you will see a noticeable difference in your skin soon.
How to use Multani Mitti for acne?
- Mix a paste of Multani Mitti by adding some water, milk and rose water.
- Apply it to your face.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with cold water.
Read also! At-Home Tan Removal Remedies
7. Ice Cubes:
Yes, you read it right. Ice is one of the most effective home remedies for pimples on the face. It helps relieve inflammation and pain caused by pimples. So, on some lazy days when you don’t want to make a face pack, simply rub an ice cube on your face and enjoy the ultimate glow.
How to use Ice for acne?
- Wrap an ice cube in a thin cotton cloth.
- Rub it on the targeted area.
- No need to rinse off.
Enriched with the goodness of lactic acid, yoghurt is effective at killing dead skin cells and acne-causing bacteria. It results in relieving acne irritation and revealing healthier skin. This is the reason that yoghurt is counted among the top 10 home remedies for acne and pimples.
How to use Yoghurt for acne?
- Swirl yoghurt well.
- Apply it to your face and let it dry.
- Rub it off and wash it with cold water.
If you have ever gotten a spa treatment, you would have definitely put cucumber slices on your eyes to reduce puffiness. The same technique applies to acne inflammation also. The soothing properties of cucumber help reduce inflammation and smooth skin texture.
How to use Cucumber for acne?
- Mash one cucumber and squeeze out the water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to it and mix well.
- Apply it to your face.
- Rinse off with cold water after 10 minutes.
10. Red Grapes:
Why just eat grapes? Use grapes for skin care too! Yes, grapes are an effective treatment for pimples. Known for their antioxidant properties, red grapes help treat acne inflammation and pain. Thus, rubbing red grapes on the skin helps reduce acne and deliver a healthy radiance.
How to use Red Grapes for acne?
- Grab a few fresh red grapes.
- Slice them in half and rub the flesh over your face.
- Rinse off with cold water.
These are the top 10 home remedies for pimples and acne. Try one or more of these natural ingredients for acne treatment and see how your skin responds.
Remember, not all ingredients work equally for everyone in every case. Additionally, many natural remedies can cause allergic reactions in some cases. So, when you try home remedies for acne treatment, keep your skin type, allergies, and medical condition in mind. If you don’t find noticeable results with at-home acne treatment within 15 days or 1 month, speak to a doctor.
Combine your at-home acne treatment with regular facial and spa treatments for faster results and healthy skin.
How to remove pimples at home fast?
Can Ice remove pimples?
How can I remove pimples and dark spots?
How can I prevent pimples on my face permanently?
What food should I avoid preventing pimples?
Does regular makeup cause pimples?
What are the main reasons for pimples and acne?