Top 6 facials for acne prone skin and how should you get it?
Acne is hideous! Acne on the skin not only takes a toll on your appearance but also lowers your confidence. Of course, there are so many home remedies and clinical treatments available to beat acne, but you need to get timely facial services to bring out your brightest self. However, before you opt for the facial, you need to first make sure which are the best facials for acne prone skin.
Worry not! Here we have answered all the queries that you may have. Depending on your skin and the types of acne on your face, take your pick from the facial options listed below.
1. Classic Facial:
The most basic facial for acne-prone skin is the classic facial. This facial is good for extracting whiteheads and blackheads, removing dead skin cells, deep cleansing the skin and providing basic nourishment. The procedure involves 6 simple steps – steaming, massaging exfoliating, masking, toning and moisturizing
2. Decongesting Facial:
If you have acne-prone skin, Decongesting Facial can be another best fit for you as it helps remove blackheads, whiteheads, and other lighter forms of acne. The facial aims to clear clogged pores, remove outer layers of the skin and treat minor breakouts. The facial is like professional resurfacing and pore-digging. Decongesting Facial works essentially good for closing open pores.
3. LED Facial:
An LED facial is the best option for people with sensitive skin and severe acne breakouts. The procedure works by first cleansing the skin and then emitting lights to target the skin concerns. The light goes deep inside the skin to encourage collagen production and improve skin tone while treating acne. It is anti-inflammatory and acts by killing bacteria that cause acne.
Related Article: LED Facial – A Complete Guide
It is another type of facial done using high-tech devices. In microdermabrasion, the skin expert uses a handheld device to gently exfoliate and eradicate the outer layer of the skin. The session takes around 30-40 minutes to be completed and you will need a few sessions to notice the desirable difference in your skin tone and texture. However, you will experience the softer, smoother, and brighter skin after one sitting only. This non-invasive cosmetic treatment is good at reducing scars, improving discolouration and treating lighter forms of acne.
5. Brightening Facial:
As obvious from the name itself, brightening facial makes the skin look shinier, brighter, and better. The facial works by treating the dark spots, blemishes and other breakouts which are the key cause of acne. Brightening facial involves several steps of cleansers, peels, scrubs, masks, and serums to unlock the desired glow. This facial is a good option for treating hyperpigmentation, dark spots and scars left from prior acne issues.
6. Hydra Facial:
HydraFacial, also known as “hydradermabrasion” as it combines microdermabrasion like exfoliation with an infusion of hydrating serum. It is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that works wonders in managing and controlling acne breakouts. A professionally performed hydra facial results in improving your skin’s tone and texture. HydraFacial works in 3 steps: Deep-cleanse, exfoliation, and hydration. This professional procedure addresses a broad range of skin concerns, from acne control to anti-ageing.
Benefits of facials for acne prone skin:
- Reduces pores: Facials deep cleanse the skin, thus reducing pores size. For the maximum result, finish the process with a pore-reducing mask.
- Restores glow: A professionally performed facial helps restore the natural glow of the skin. Furthermore, it fights the stickiness, oil, extra shine, and acne on your skin.
- Minimizes acne: As facials deep cleanse and unclog pores, it helps reduce the occurrence of pimple-causing germs and you enjoy the acne-free skin of your dreams.
- Brightens Skin tone: Brightening your complexion and enhancing the glow is one of the most obvious benefits of getting facials. The scars, dark spots, blemishes, and stickiness on the skin are highly reduced by getting facials for acne-prone skin.
Also Read: Top 10 Tips to Deal with An Acne Prone Skin
DIY facials for acne at home:
If you have normal skin with no severe acne or any specific skin concerns, you can try doing facials at home using store-bought facial kits.
Here are the facial steps to follow:
- Double cleanse your skin using a gentle face wash and AHA/BHA toner.
- Now exfoliate to slough off dead skin cells.
- Give a good massage to your face in a circular motion and an upward direction using the face massage cream.
- Now, remove the blackheads and whiteheads using a handheld tool.
- Apply a face mask, suitable to your skin type.
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Moisturize to soothe the skin.
There are some high-tech devices available in today’s marketplace that enable you to do even microdermabrasion and LED facials at home. However, it is highly advisable to get such facial treatments from a professional facialist only as the inappropriate use of these devices can make your skin more prone to acne and other side effects.
You can do classic and brightening facials at home using DIY facial kits, but you are not a pro at performing the task and a little mistake in the procedure can worsen your skin appearance rather improving it. You can visit your nearest parlour but that is exhausting and not hygienic.
Related Article: 10 Home Remedies for Pimples and Acne
What is the best option to get a facial for acne?
|DIY Facial||Affordable||High risk of worsening the skin appearance|
|Beauty Parlour||Luxurious feel||High-priced, Exhausting, Unhygienic|
|At Home Salon||Affordable, Convenient, Freedom of choice,||No disadvantage|
At-home facial services from Yes Madam:
Getting a facial at home with Yes Madam is the best option you have. The best part is you can use your facial kit and just pay the service charge or book the full package of products and services both. The choice is yours.
Benefits of at-home facial service:
- Affordable: With so many taxes and charges, parlour services can go high-priced and can’t be afforded by everyone. But at-home facial services are typically priced reasonably and fit well to every budget.
- Transparency: When you get facial services at home, you know what products the facialist is using and you can control the quality of products used. Even you can give your own products to avail the service and just pay the service charge. The transparency of products is quite dubious at the parlour.
- Convenience: You can’t afford to take out time from your busy schedule and rush to the parlours every time your skin screams for it. You want something convenient and hassle-free to fulfil your skin needs. This is where facial at home service fits well into the frame.
How to choose the right facials for acne and facial scars?
Before you make a final move to get acne facial treatment, make sure to keep the following points in consideration.
- Moisturizer: Look for a moisturizing kit that helps promote collagen production and absorb sebum without causing stickiness on your skin. Moisturizers with hyaluronic acid and niacinamide are the best fit for acne-prone skin.
- Ingredients: Make sure the facials for acne you are going to get contain ingredients that suit your specific skin type and concerns. However, a facial kit containing eucalyptus, olive oil, sandalwood, and other natural ingredients can be a good fit for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Brand: Always opt for products that are specifically crafted for your skin type and come from a genuine brand. A facial kit coming from a trusted and reputed brand might cost you dear, but it will leave your skin feeling smoother and better.
- Service provider: Your skin is the largest organ of your body and also the most prized possession. Thus, don’t compromise on anything less than the best. Book your facial service from Yes Madam as we are India’s highly trusted home salon whose utmost priority is customer satisfaction.
So, chose your facial wisely to maximize the results and get acne-free skin.
Must read – facial for oily skin steps
FAQs on facials for acne
Are facials good for acne?
What is the best way to beat acne?
What is the right time to get a facial for acne?
Can you wear makeup after a facial?
How often should I get facials?
What are the disadvantages of facial?
Should I get a facial if I have cystic acne?
Book your facial and beauty services from Yes Madam.