LED Facial – A Complete Guide
In this hi-tech age, almost every aspect of our lives is technologically advanced, and skincare is no exception to it. From the classic face mask to LED facial, technology has transformed our skincare routine in various ways. Now, even beautiful skin is accessible at the touch of a button. We might not like LED face treatment while getting it but the achieved result is worth pleasurable. It is a non-messy alternative to traditional facial, which has the power to instantly transform your skin.
To know more about this most effective facial treatment in the skincare industry, stay to the last of this post as here you are going to get everything essential.
What is LED facial?
LED facial, also known as LED light therapy, phototherapy, low-level light therapy, and LED face treatment is a hi-tech skin treatment that uses different wavelengths of light to treat various skin concerns and improve skin appearance. It is a non-invasive facial treatment that has taken our skincare game to infinity and beyond.
How does light therapy work?
LED (light-emitting diode) works by emitting infrared lights at different wavelengths to reduce the appearance of a variety of skin conditions like acne, eczema, psoriasis, wound, ageing signs, skin cancer, sun damage, dermatitis and so on. It uses several colours of LED lights that can be used alone or in combination with others to achieve the desired result.
The spectrum of LED lights:
LED face treatment or LED facial uses different colours of lights and each colour has its own unique set of advantages. Hence, every light targets and treats differently to various skin conditions. Let’s understand the spectrum of LED lights in detail.
- Yellow light reduces redness, inflammation and sunburns. Also, heals a variety of skin concerns and fosters skin cell rejuvenation.
- Red light improves scarring and ageing signs. Also reduces skin inflammation and promotes circulation.
- Green light targets dark circles, broken capillaries, pigmentation and sunspots. Also, it calms irritated or over-stimulated skin.
- White light penetrates the deepest layers of the skin and works to tighten and reduce inflammation.
- Blue light kills bacteria, causing acne and other breakouts. Also, helps purify skin, soothe inflammation and stabilize oil glands.
- Cyan light helps treat mild to moderate acne and stimulates collagen production in the skin. Also, it reduces redness and inflammation.
- Purple light decreases the telomeres of DNA in the cell and increases cell regeneration, resulting in overall skin rejuvenation.
- Orange light helps improve the signs of ageing, stimulate blood circulation and boost collagen production. It brings the glow back to the skin.
Benefits of LED facial:
Whether you are targeting specific skin concerns or wishing for an overall improvement in your skin texture, LED facial is something you should go for. Let’s take a look at some of the most significant skincare advantages that LED facial provides:
- Reduces inflammation
- Minimizes ageing signs like fine lines and wrinkles
- Kills acne-causing bacteria
- Clears the appearance of acne scars
- Promotes collagen production
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Smoothens out the skin texture
- Tightens and brightens skin
Related Article – LED Face treatment – Benefits & Side Effects
Pre-treatment advise for LED light therapy
Cleanse – Before you get started with your LED facial, make sure your face is thoroughly cleansed and has no traces of makeup. If your skin has anu makeup residue, dust, dirt or bacteria, it will prevent light to absorb into the skin. I prefer using a gentle cleanser that causes no skin irritation.
Exfoliate – Exfoliating your skin with a gentle scrub before the treatment is good as it helps remove dead skin cells, ensuring the maximum result guaranteed.
Avoid using skincare products – It is safer to avoid using skincare products a few days prior to the treatment as it can make your skin sensitive to light.
Safety Gears – Wear your safety googles during the treatment to protect your eyes from the infrared lights.
No downtime – Since LED face treatment is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure, it requires no recovery time. You can immediately return to your daily activities as soon as you are done with the process.
Drink plenty of water – To ensure the optimal result of the process, make sure to drink a least 2-3 litres of water daily. It will help maintain hydration levels as well as remove toxins from the body. The importance of hydration highly increases when you get a yellow light.
Wear no makeup – Let your skin breathe after the treatment. Don’t wear makeup at least 24 hours post treatment to maximize the result.
DIY LED face treatment vs professional LED Facial
Nowadays, there are a number of brands that offer DIY LED face masks to help you target your specific skin concerns on your own. Also, there are many traditional and at-home salons that provide professional LED facial. While both the options are good, there is a world of difference between the things done by you and the things done by a professional.
You will not get the intensity of the treatment when doing it yourself. Also, if used incorrectly, it may worsen the condition and the result will be a complete waste of money. So, it is always advisable to get the treatment done by a professional only who knows how to perform the procedure that offers optimum results.
Get an LED facial today
LED light therapy offers several benefits to the users, ensuring smooth and youthful skin. If you are wishing to reverse the ageing signs, LED face treatment is your wish granter. So, why wait? Book LED face treatment from Yes Madam now and enjoy getting rejuvenated skin in the comfort of your home.
FAQs on LED facial
What is the use of LED light therapy for the skin?
How can I take the LED light therapy at home?
How much does LED face treatment cost?
What are the risks and side effects of LED light therapy?