10 Benefits of Face Yoga you must know
Do you want to get noticeable skin-lifting effects without needles, Botox, surgery, or even expensive skin-care products? Then you must do face yoga for glowing skin, a DIY approach to level up your skin care routine for a healthy and radiant glow.
Table of Contents
What is face yoga?
Face yoga is a DIY way to move the facial muscles in certain positions to target your face, neck and shoulders. The aim to do these facial exercises is to lift saggy areas on your face, remove a double chin, trim years from your face and deliver younger-looking skin.
Why to do face yoga?
Face yoga is a self-care idea that helps reduce tension in your face and delivers a healthy glow. Off late, people hold tension in their faces, either in the form of facial expressions or spending too much time before the digital screen. All these behaviors cause patterns which deliver facial stigmas. Therefore, we need to focus on face yoga to let go of any held facial tension.
Benefits of face yoga:
Touted as a natural facelift, face yoga is a great way to improve your overall well-being including skin care, jawline, mental health and physical health.
- Reduces the appearance of acne and scars.
- Releases facial tension, which helps minimise stress lines.
- Tones facial muscles to widen eyes, firm up the jawline and raise cheeks.
- Stimulates blood circulation in the face for healthy glowing skin.
- Delivers younger looking skin by reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Tightens skin to reduce sagginess.
However, these facts need more research to confirm their effectiveness.
Also read! 9 Best Home Remedies for Facial Hair Removal
Face Yoga Tips
Apply serum, oil or cleansing balm to your face before you do yoga exercises for face. It will help your fingers glide smoothly over your skin. Also, doing facial exercises after the application of skin care products will facilitate product penetration for deeper absorption.
Don’t forget to wash your hands and clean your face before doing face yoga exercises to prevent breakouts and acne.
Face yoga types:
Want to give face yoga a try? Here’re the 5 exercises for the face you can try at home.
Face yoga for strain, headache and tension.
Good for: Reducing eye strain, promoting sleep
How to do it?
- Put your index finger on the inner eye corner for 30 seconds.
- Move your fingers gently in a circular motion for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same movement in the opposite circular direction.
Face yoga for crow’s feet/eye puffiness
Good for: Alleviating crow’s feet, and stimulating oxygen circulation.
How to do it?
- Keep your fingers at the inside of your eyebrows.
- Now, tap the fingers on the outside of the eyebrows.
- Press your fingers at the temples for 4-5 seconds.
- Gradually move towards the inner corner of your eyes and above your cheekbones
- Apply light, featherweight touches and continue for 30 seconds.
Face yoga for Double chin
Good for: Slimming double chin, improving jaw line.
How to do it?
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and down.
- Stretch your chin up to the ceiling.
- Now, make duck lips and hold out your tongue.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this yoga for double chin for 3 times and do it 2 times a day.
Face yoga for relaxation
Good for: Boosting circulation and promoting relaxation.
How to do it?
- Use your fingertips to rhythmically tap your skin.
- Start from your forehead to move towards the jawline.
- Continue all along your face, neck and across shoulders.
- Now, rub your palms to generate heat.
- Put your palms on your face and breathe deeply several times.
Related Blog! Facial Massage Benefits: Reasons To Do It
Leaning on face yoga exercises as your go-to skin care routine may do more harm than good if done aggressively or incorrectly. Start practising yoga with just 1 minute a day and gradually work your way to 10 minutes. You can increase this time duration to 20 minutes a day. Don’t overdo it otherwise it may backfire and you will experience drastic skin issues.
- Face yoga exercise provides glowing skin and anti-ageing effects through a combination of facial massages.
- Face yoga benefits include tightening skin, releasing facial tension, removing double chin, reducing ageing signs and strengthening facial muscles.
- Do face yoga exercises daily in the correct way and regular practice will give you noticeable results within a month.
Face yoga is a DIY approach to improving facial appearance by stretching, softening, slimming and strengthening facial muscles. This outer transformation is often complemented by inner healing while cultivating self-love.
Dedicate some time daily for face yoga exercises as a regular practice cultivates the most desired result. Taking out some time for face yoga every day is a great way to pamper yourself and tune in to your needs.
For other pampering services, book Yes Madam – India’s most affordable home salon.
FAQs On Face Yoga
Can anybody practice Face Yoga?
Face yoga exercises can be practised by anyone who wants to beat the ageing effect and improve muscle functions.
Can face yoga reduce my double chin?
Face yoga can help reduce your double chin by making it more toned and defined. However, only yoga exercises for the face will not be enough to reduce double chin. You must complement your facial yoga with a healthy diet and a good lifestyle.
How many days does it take to get results from face yoga?
As per a study, 20 minutes of face yoga done daily for 20 weeks can help you get the noticeable result of firmer skin, fuller cheeks and younger-looking skin.
How often should I have to practice Face Yoga?
Depending on your requirements and the yoga types you are doing, you can do face exercises daily or even three times a day.
What is the best time to perform face yoga?
You can do yoga at any time of the day. However, it is best to do it in the morning to feel refreshed throughout the day.