8 Best habits of people with glowing skin
Having healthy and flawless skin is the dream of all but the dream does not come true without making a move. You should have a proper skincare routine and healthy skin habits to realize your dream. However, it doesn’t mean that you should stock up your beauty shelf with lots of skin care products and need various skin treatments. All you need is to develop some good habits that can leave an impact on your skin.
1. Cleansing Twice A Day:
Develop a habit of cleansing your face after getting up in the morning and before going to bed. It is a great way to start and end your day. People who cleanse their face twice a day, experience fewer skin issues. Don’t miss cleansing your face at night if you dream of having a clearer and healthier glow.
Benefits of cleansing at night.
- Removes dirt and debris accumulated on the skin throughout the day.
- Eliminates dead skin cells and makes your feel fresh.
- Wipes out oil, sweat and bacteria, causing skin breakouts.
- Removes makeup and lets your skin breathe.
- Go for double cleansing if needed as it helps remove acne-causing, pore-clogging and other stubborn impurities.
Come out of your lazy cell to wash your face and your skin will thank you!
2. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize:
No matter whether you live in a humid or dry climate, own dry or oily skin; don’t skip applying moisturizer for having healthy skin. You need not do anything fancy, just moisturise your face twice a day to unlock healthy radiance. Don’t forget to stay hydrate from within by taking watery fruits, fresh juices and increasing your water intake.
Benefits of moisturizing the skin:
- It keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin.
- Keeps the skin healthy and plump which is soft in touch.
- The nightly moisturization helps repair all the damages caused throughout the day.
3. Drink Plenty of Water:
One of the most essential healthy skin habits that everyone should follow is drinking lots of water to have healthy and hydrated skin. Often people with oily skin have a misconception that they need not drink more water as their skin is already hydrated. It’s not a good practice. There is a world of difference between dry and dehydrated skin. Even oily skin can be dehydrated and damaged. Hence, drink enough water to have a good skin with no visible pores, scars and other imperfections. In addition to water, you can take fresh juices, lemonade, and other healthy drinks to increase your daily water intake.
Benefits of drinking an ample amount of water:
- It flushes body toxins and improves skin elasticity.
- Drinking enough water results in preventing pimples and acne.
- It helps get rid of dry patches, wrinkles, fine lines, and other skin issues.
4. SPF is Non-Negotiable:
We know, you’ve read it before but the more we stress on SPF, the less it is. Sun exposure can cause irreversible damage that leaves a drastic impact on the way your skin looks and feels. It triggers freckles, damages the skin’s tissues, makes your skin age faster, creates discolouration and causes skin cancer as well. Therefore, wearing sunscreen without a miss is mandatory for every man and woman out there. Sunscreen not only works as a barrier to prevent sun rays from penetrating the skin but also boosts a significant improvement in the skin texture.
Benefits of wearing sunscreen daily:
- Reduce the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Reduces your risk of having skin cancer.
- Prevents skin discolouration and scars.
Pick a sunscreen with SPF 30 or more and make a habit of reapplying the same after every 2 hours when in the sun.
5. Eat Healthy:
What we put inside, leaves an impact outside. Therefore, make it a habit of eating healthy foods and stay away from junk foods. Eating sugary, starchy, spicy and oily foods can cause acne and leave your skin feeling irritated. Therefore, you are advised to limit your habit of having acne-causing foods and be a little light on sugary beverages. Try to add Vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables to your daily diet for a healthier glow.
Benefits of eating healthy food:
- Delivers a healthy radiant skin.
- Skin looks and feels hydrated.
- You experience fewer skin imperfections.
- Lowers the formation of acne and pimples.
- Speeds up the healing process
- Improves skin texture.
6. Get Enough Sleep:
Getting quality sleep is an important healthy skin habit that you should not ignore. Taking sound sleep is essential to maintaining a healthy and flawless glow. No matter if you have a hectic work schedule, your examinations are at hand or are burdened with responsibilities, maintain the habit of taking sound sleep of at least 7 hours a day. People who are sleep deprived are more susceptible to suffer from skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, and ageing. Try sleeping just 4-5 hours every night and you will experience the negative changes in your skin. So, bless your skin with a youthful glow by getting your beauty rest.
Benefits of taking enough sleep:
- Getting good quality sleep improves skin complexion.
- It slows down the skin ageing process.
- Undisturbed sleep helps repair the damaged cells. It also promotes cell regeneration.
7. Facial Massage:
Nothing can beat the goodness of a rightly performed facial massage. It helps stimulate blood circulation, relieves stress, tightens skin, reduces the ageing signs, and gives you the healthy glow your skin needs. No, you don’t have to spend hours on facial massage at home. Just 5 minutes of massage a day is all enough to get the blood circulation going and unlock a natural glow. Along with daily massage, make sure to get professional facial service once a month to bring out your brightest self.
Benefits of facial massage:
- It stimulates blood circulation and improves complexion.
- Facial massage is a great way to relieve stress and tighten skin.
- A good face massage also helps reduce the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
8. Relax, Refresh, Rejuvenate:
It is no secret that being stressed and exhausted causes the brain to release acne-causing hormones. Therefore, relaxation is a must for healthier and clearer skin. Even if you have a hectic work schedule, make sure to take out some time to relax and calm your mind. For relaxation, you can try any activities that can help you distress. For instance, you can try doing yoga, meditation, listening to music, writing a journal, or getting professional massage therapy.
Benefits of relaxation:
- Calms your mind and boosts skin elasticity.
- Makes the skin feel fresh and revitalized.
- Nourishes the skin and soothes the soul.
- Stimulates blood circulation and improves skin texture.
If you want to have healthier and clearer skin, start practising these healthy skin habits now if not yet.
What are 6 healthy habits for good skin?
Hydrate from inside to outside.
Wear SPF daily without a miss.
Cleanse your face twice a day
Take healthy foods.
Give your face a good Facial massage
Take out some time for relaxation.
What foods clear your skin?
Fruits and vegetables such as oranges, lemons, tomatoes, blueberries, carrots, apricots, bananas, sweet potatoes etc. are good for clear skin.
How is Korean skin so flawless?
Korean women follow a proper Korean skincare routine that incorporates the rule of double cleansing, double hydration, and double eye mask. That’s why their skin is so flawless.
Is coffee good for skin?
Coffee is a source of antioxidants and nutrients that benefit the hair, scalp, and skin in many ways. You can use coffee to stimulate blood flow, exfoliate, treat acne, and balance pH levels.
What are the four characteristics of healthy skin?
No severe sensitivity.
Hardly visible pores.
Nominal to no imperfections.
A glowing radiance.
What causes the skin to glow?
The two scientific reasons for glowing skin are blood stimulation and cell renewal. That’s why skin experts often recommend getting regular facial and massage services.