Turmeric for Skin: What Is It Good For and How Do I Use It?
Turmeric is known to be the holy grail natural product for most skin concerns. Since nowadays people are shifting more toward natural skincare and DIY Turmeric has sure gained its share of popularity. With so much information circling the web, confusion is bound to happen, but not anymore. Here is everything you should know about this universal healer from, the effects of turmeric to different ways to use turmeric for skin, and most importantly, why turmeric is for skin benefits.
First things first, turmeric, also known as Curcuma Longa, holds immense significance in Ayurveda. This one ingredient is nothing less than magic, as it has anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. Moreover, it has curcumin in it, which holds so many medicinal benefits.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Turmeric For Skincare
● Turmeric for skin infection
With its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is a trusted ingredient by Ayurveda for centuries for skin infections. Turmeric is your go-to product if you are constantly searching for treatments, remedies, and prevention from acne, skin flakiness, or any other skin concern. Turmeric will soothe your skin infection while healing it from the inside. Well, the best part is you don’t need to empty your pockets for this as it is readily available. Over-the-time medicines, skin treatments, or skincare goods may provoke inflammation or irritation to your skin. So, your safest bet is to use a natural product like turmeric.
● Turmeric for skin brightening
To achieve an even tone tops your google search history, you need to try out turmeric. Turmeric has anti-oxidants and Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA), which exfoliates your skin gently, giving you clear and even-toned skin.
● Turmeric for glowing skin
If you happen to remember the grand Indian wedding ritual of applying Haldi before marriage, then you definitely should not doubt this one. Turmeric, with its magical properties, will create magic on your skin to give you that glow. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of it will help your skin rejuvenate and replenish by bringing out its natural glow and charm.
● Turmeric for anti-aging
Do you know turmeric acts as a barrier for enzyme elastase, which strikes your skin’s capability to produce elastin? It is a matter that provides your skin structure. If elastase is left unchecked, your body can’t produce the proteins it requires to retain your skin flexibility, leading to wrinkles. Curcumin in turmeric prevents free radical generation, which in turn aids in restraining aging. Turmeric is your buddy if you want skin that always looks youthful and fresh. (Ssshhh! It’s a top-secret)
● Turmeric for sun damage
Do you know that UV rays cause premature aging and skin damage? It holds the potential to snatch away your glow in moments resulting in dull skin. Turmeric is the ingredient and the best treatment if you are looking for effective methods to reverse sun damage. Anti-oxidants in turmeric inhibit free radicals like pollution and UV rays from affecting your skin’s quality and combat sun damage.
● Turmeric for nourished skin
This one is a no-brainer. By now, we know that turmeric is an all-rounder, so it cannot miss out on nourishment and hydration. The alpha-hydroxy acids present in it will remove all the dead cells while leaving your skin smooth and supple.
Ways to use Turmeric for Skin care
Here are some different ways to inculcate this gift of nature in your skincare routine and maximize its benefits. These DIYs are easy to make with readily available ingredients at home. Also, don’t forget to conduct a patch test before applying it to your face.
- TURMERIC and HONEY– These magic beans, when combined together, can do wonders for your skin. Mix two spoons and honey and 1 spoon of turmeric and then apply to your face and leave it on your skin for 10-15 mins. Rub gently and then wash it off to get nourished skin that is deeply hydrated. If you are, team dry skin considers adding half spoon of COCONUT OIL and thank us later.
- TURMERIC and MILK– If you are the glow-getter gang, this DIY is a match made in heaven for you. Mix 1 spoon of turmeric with 2 spoons of milk and apply it to your face. Then, wash off when it dries out. This combination is a great way to give your skin some exfoliation and achieve that glow.
- TURMERIC and LEMON/ ACV– This one is a concoction for oily and acne-prone skin types. Lemon and apple cider vinegar has properties to fight stubborn acne marks and nasty acne bacteria. Mix one spoon turmeric with a few drops of lemon or half spoon ACV. If you are a sensitive squad, then consider mixing honey to make it mild. Leave it on for 5-10 mins to achieve clearer and healthy skin.
You can also get the benefits of fermented rice water for both hair and skin – check!