Side effects of hair dye – The Ultimate Truth of Hair Colouring
Doesn’t a hair dye feel more thrilling? Don’t you enjoy your adorable looks? But the side effects of hair dye ruin the entire mood when it starts irritating the scalp and hair. It not only covers your scalp or hair, but it starts ripping your wellness, too.
With no confusion, I can say that no one can barricade the side effects of hair colouring from dyes. But the relaxing part is that you can still enjoy hair colouring as there are the safest alternatives available. What are they? Will they also leave minor damage or irritation? Or they will be completely safe?
I am here to fade the confusion, solve the queries, and provide you with an opinion on whether hair dyeing is an appropriate idea or which one is the best alternative.
Adding little to zero effort, you can also master the hair shades at home by crafting natural hair colours.
How will you make it and what do you need to gather for the same, all the information is available here. Continue reading this article to explore magnificent hair shades.
Table of Contents
Is hair colouring a bad idea for your health? How is that true?
Hair colours have a reputation in the markets, but only branded hair colours. Like a dirty fish can make the whole ocean filthy, the same with cheap options of hair colours.
If you think only horror movies are frightening, you have not heard the stories of people. No sugar coating, but hair colouring was not a good journey for many people.
The reason is that hairs are everything, and if damage comes to your hair, it means a thief is trying to steal your priceless ornament or jewellery.
Here the thieves are Hydrogen Peroxide, Lead, Mercury, and PPD. The pack of inexpensive or cheap hair colours generally offer you these contents. And in this way, they hurt your health.
Rashes and skin issues
When it penetrates your hair strand, it will reach beneath your skin. So, it is common to notice allergic reactions such as irritation on the scalp, rashes on the skin, eye and ear dermatitis, etc.
Trouble in respiration
Some people are already asthmatic, and the fragrance of these chemicals will contribute to worsening this. There will be more complications for asthma patients, as discussed. Coughing, wheezing, breathing issues, and much more are common problems for even healthy people.
Rather than just helping you look glamorous, it will damage your hair, skin, and health deep down. Let me tell you a shocking fact about the reaction of applying permanent hair dyes.
Are you applying permanent hair dyes? – Read this before doing it.
Among all the nutrients we need to form a dry hair strand, the presence of protein is 95%. The reason is that it prevents your hair from moisture, UV rays, and heat.
And those permanent hair dyes can’t sit till the protein is there. I think now you understand why there is a heavy impact on your hair health of hair dyes. They rip away the protein and begin to penetrate the hair strand. That’s how they reveal those glamorous looks.
But the hair colouring process leads to a few hazards that are as follows:
- Wear and tear of strength in hair
- Hair begins to lose their volume
- Dry or rough hair
- More sensitive to damages
Can you fall sick after applying hair dyes?
Not instantly, but the hair dyes will take some time to cause health complications. Hair dyes will make you ill if you apply them repeatedly. It is a matter of time, tolerance level and your immune power.
The side effects of hair colour or hair dyes are many, and what’s the more notable point is that it can also land your health in trouble.
Here are some of the side effects of hair dye that you must look at:
- Rashes on the skin and irritation on your scalp are common problems from hair dyes
- Repeated use of hair dyes leaves beyond repairable damages, frizzy and dry hair
- Asthma problems are usual for those who apply hair dyes over and over
- It can cause dermatitis of the eyes, hair, scalp, and face
You can doubtlessly fall ill after applying hair dyes. Another disappointing fact is that it will not only knock your health down but also your hair’s health.
Is it possible that I can dye my hair naturally? If yes, which are the best options for that?
Those who say natural dyes are myths or fake explore the best options here to get the trendsetting shades smoothly. Natural dyes are accurate alternatives to substitute side effects of hair dye.
3 Natural Hair Dyes – Get the Trendy Shade at Home
1. Reddish-orange tint – Carrot Juice is the best bet
Carrot juice is not a nutrient-rich beneficial substance for your health, but also the best colouring option for your hair.
- Get the carrot juice and olive oil
- Mix them in a bowl and start putting them on your hair
- Wrap your head in a plastic bag and enjoy music or entertainment for an hour
- You can’t wash it off from water but with apple cider vinegar, and you can also put it on the next day if the shade is not powerful enough
2. Reddish tint – Henna will be the perfect option
Henna is such a hair colour that comes from plants that are not the best bet for your hair but also your skin. In many general stores, you can find packets of Henna Powder smoothly.
Get vibrant looks in 7 easy steps. Here is how you can apply henna at home for maximum colour or book Yes Madam’s professionals to apply henna on your hair professionally.
- Get half cup of henna and ¼ cup of water,
- Mix it well till it takes the shape of a paste, but it should be spreadable
- Let the paste sit aside for 12 hours but cover it with a plastic wrap
- Shampoo your hair but don’t use the conditioner
- Get coconut oil and put it on your hairline to avoid stains or tattoos
- Now start applying the henna paste to colour your hair, and keep tucking them
- After completing it, wrap the same in plastic and wait for 2 hours before rinsing it off
3. Coffee – For Darker and Sexy Shade
Get the sexiest hair shade with this natural hair colour. The thrilling fact is that it will not harm your hair and skin.
- Boil a cup of dark-roast coffee
- It’s time for some add-in, so mix half a cup of coffee with two tbsp of coffee ground and 1 cup of hair conditioner
- Now it is ready to put on your hair
- You can rinse it off from your hair after one hour of application and repeat the process, if necessary
Can you tell me if there are any chemical-free hair colours?
People nowadays are more conscious about their health and skin. Before buying any skincare or health product, they always check the label.
Luckily, many brands are now manufacturing hair colours without chemicals. Those hair colours for hairs are not harmful and offer the best results up to the mark.
Furthermore, many hair colours are even coming with olive oil, tea leaves, henna leaves, essential oils, coffee beans, and other natural substances to keep the hair dye side effects at bay.
5 Chemical-free Hair Colours
- Kama Ayurveda Natural Organic Hair Colour – For blue-dark shade
- Indus Valley Natural Damage Free Gel Hair Colour – Natural Hair Shade
- VLCC Natural Henna Hair Colour – Cover your greys with the sexiest dark shade
- IBA Halal Hair Colour – Three colour shades are here
- Herbatint Permanent Brown – Gleaming and excellent hair shade
Here are the top-listed and top-end natural hair colours that you can pick with a blind eye. Add anyone of them and follow the instructions to get the best results.
Is it risky to dye your hair regularly?
Evidently, it is risky to dye your hair regularly. It is not the makeup, which you can blame for skin problems, but also your regular hair dyes are responsible for such side effects on the scalp, eyes, and different parts of your body.
In many cases, it turns out to be cancer. Even if you apply natural hair dyes to your hair, the experts suggest not doing it regularly. There is no objection to doing it occasionally.
Should I use hair dye or not? The Final Words.
See, hair dyes are the ones with chemicals and sometimes harsh chemicals. Natural hair dyes are here, too. It is another thing they are expensive, but you should know that beauty comes at a price.
Never compromise with your skincare and haircare products, as these are the two most crucial ornaments of your body.
You will not encounter any issues while using hair dyes, but if you don’t pay a heavy price, you will put yourself at risk. Another fact is that use only natural hair dyes, or you can try easy DIY hair dyes recipes to set the trend with your hair shades.
Before putting on any hair colour, ensure you follow the instructions accurately. Apply coconut oil to your hairline or forehead to avoid stains.
Remember one thing, applying hair dye is not an issue but picking the wrong hair colour is. While picking out trendy shades, check the label first. And yes, there are side effects of hair colour, and there are no doubts about it.
For more beauty services, you must visit Yes Madam to enjoy hygienic home salon services with top-end professionals at reasonable pricing.
1. How can I colour my hair naturally at home?
It is so easy to dye your hair naturally at home. You can buy those natural hair dyes from the market or prepare DIY hair dyes at home. Instructions are there, and you can follow them to colour your hair naturally at home.
2. What are the hair dye side effects?
Following are the hair colour side effects:
1. Itchiness or irritation of the scalp
2. Loss of hair strength
3. Loss of hair thickness
4. Skin rashes
5. Respiratory issues and much more
3. What are the side effects of hair dye on the eyes?
The side effects of hair dye on the eyes are known, and we have discussed the same many times above. Hair dye can be the reason behind eye dermatitis. You heard it right.
4. Are there side effects of hair dye on the scalp?
The irritation on the scalp, itchiness, loss of blood circulation, and much more are the side effects of hair dye on the scalp.
5. Are the side effects of henna true?
If you don’t use henna correctly or use it more often, it will be the major cause of many problems. In those cases, it can damage your hair shaft. If it encounters your eyes, there is a probability of redness and watering of the eyes.
6. How do I treat the side effects of hair dye?
You can reverse the hair dye side effects by taking extensive care of your skin and hair. You will have to buy quality shampoo to wash your hair. Furthermore, you will need an antiseptic agent to calm your skin irritation. Do not dye your hair regularly. And that’s it.
7. How dangerous are the side effects of hair dye with ammonia?
I’m sure you’ll curse yourself for choosing the hair dye with ammonia. It’s not safe to dye your hair a hair colour that is filled with ammonia. If it contacts your skin, it leaves skin burns, and irritation to your nose and eyes. Repeated use of hair dye with ammonia will damage the cuticle by fading the moisture. Your hair will be dry, frizzy, and brittle.
8. Are there no side effects of hair dye without ammonia?
Luckily, the hair dye without ammonia is the best pick as they do not have any side effects. The other chemicals in those hair dyes can result in some harm otherwise, there is no trouble choosing it. But check the label first before buying it. So yes, there are no side effects of hair dye without ammonia.