Make Your Bikini Wax Last Long With These Expert Tips
In today’s world, you have to take an extra step in order to make yourself feel good. Nobody else but you are responsible for your confidence. Apart from beauty care services and hair care services, there are other things you can do to make yourself feel and look beautiful.
Table of Contents
Bikini Wax, what’s the big deal?
Waxing is one of the most efficient forms of hair removal. It leaves no strand behind and makes your skin silky and smooth. Depending on your skin type, you can use various kinds of wax which will suit you the best.
It is also true that using it means taking extra care of yourself. It gets annoying when the hair starts growing back, It itches, the ski gents dry, and it doesn’t feel nice.
Make it even worse if it is a bikini wax. Is it just us or does a bikini wax doesn’t last long?
Getting a bikini wax can be because of various reasons. Maybe you have a wedding coming up, or you are a professional dancer. There are various reasons, and not one of them is small.
If you are getting a bikini wax for the first time, it is normal to feel nervous and self-conscious. But it is important to remember that we all have different bodies, and not one body is better than the other. We hope the tips we have mentioned here will help you feel less anxious about the whole ordeal.
If you are someone who has been getting bikini wax for a while now and is unable to make it last, then this is the right place for you. All these points are easy to follow and will help you with your issues.
How Can I Make My Bikini Wax Last Long?
Keep the following things in mind and you won’t have to worry about hair growing back at a faster pace.
- Do not get waxed until your hair has grown a significant amount. This can be from1/8th to 1/4th inch long. This will ensure that the hair is removed from the roots. If some strands are longer than usual, make sure you trim them so that it is uniform. This will ensure equal pressure over all areas.
- Do not get waxed every two weeks. Wait for four-five weeks because of the aforementioned reason. It is a sensitive area, you should be careful with it. This will ensure that you have enough growth overall that it will not hurt much.
- Do not touch your skin repeatedly. After you get waxed, avoid touching the area as it can enable the transfer of bacteria and clog pores. If it feels itchy, make sure you contact your salon and ask them for tips.
- Exfoliate and moisturize your skin. While it is highly recommended that you only use water to clean your parts, it is important that you keep them hydrated and moisturized. Use an easy-to-use gel and let it soak up properly. You can do it for a week before your appointment. This will ensure that there’s the least amount of pain involved and your hair comes off uniformly.
- Be regular with your appointments. If you follow a schedule, you will realize that they need to get waxed reduces over time. But this will only be possible if you fix yourself a schedule. The most ideal one is getting waxed every four weeks.
Also read: Brazilian wax vs normal wax
How do Professionals prepare for a bikini wax?
Ever wondered how do these models and celebrities go through this ordeal, especially with their hectic schedules? In our eyes, you are nothing less than them, so we are letting you in on their secrets. Here’s how you should prepare for your next bikini wax appointment –
- Do not schedule it around your period. This is an unsaid thing but we still need to say it. It will be gross and a hassle, not just for you but for the beautician who is working with you. This is the quickest way you will get in your salon’s bad books.
- Take a relaxing shower and exfoliate before your appointment. It will help remove dead skin cells.
- In order to make it less painful, ask for Hard Wax. It is quick and causes you the least amount of pain.
- Take a friend with you. This may sound unrelated but if you have a familiar face around, it gets easier to face the pain. You can also go together and make a day out of it.
What Should You Not Do After A Bikini Wax
Here are the things you should avoid doing after a bikini wax
- Workout. You should let your body relax. Workout means sweating and that may lead to increased bacteria and clogging of pores.
- Repeatedly touching your skin will clog the pores.
- Don’t exfoliate for at least a week, your skin is very sensitive after a wax.
- Don’t take a bath immediately after a wax. While it sounds like the sensible thing to do, the hot water will aggravate the skin and cause redness and itching.
- Avoid having sex immediately after a bikini wax as the fluids and physical exertion will irritate the skin further.
If you keep the things mentioned above in mind, your next waxing appointment will be breezy. Make sure you avail the best waxing services at your salon and make the most of it. The most important thing is to be relaxed and trust the person who is working with you, They know the best.
While it feels like doing it at home is lesser a hassle, it isn’t quite so. You don’t have the correct, sanitised resources so you may end up with an infection or non-uniform waxing. We will always suggest that you get it done by a professional.
Also read: Do’s And dont’s after waxing
Our team is full of capable people who go the extra step to make our customers feel comfortable and relaxed. Apart from these waxing services, we also various services that you can avail and pamper yourself. Why not call your girlfriends and make a day out of taking care of yourself?