5 Amazing Benefits of Body Polishing At Home
You pamper your face multiple times with facials, spas and whatnot? But have you ever realized that your body, which is exposed to dirt and pollution every day needs equal attention? The ample amount of zits, dead skin and bumps on your body indicate that now it is time to consider getting body polishing at home.
Since your body faces exposure that is more or less the same as your face, it needs adequate cleaning. The dead shells need to be removed, and the surface needs to be cleared to prevent their accumulation, thus preventing further damage! This is why body polishing is your saviour!
What is body polishing?
Body polishing is a type of full-body exfoliation that removes dead skin cells, promotes cell regeneration, and moisturises the skin. Think of it as a facial for your body, which helps treat sun damaged skin, dry skin, ingrown hairs, clogged pores and more.
Furthermore, body polishing at home is the best way to pamper your skin. It is a completely relaxing experience that makes you enjoy a spa like experience at home.
How to do Body Polishing at home?
Doing body polishing at home is extremely easy.
- Step 1: Take a hot bath or warm shower to open up your pores.
- Step 2: Apply body polish all over damp skin. Rub it in circular motions using a loofah or sponge and massage gently with your hands. Avoid sensitive areas! Pay extra attention to rough areas like knees, ankles and elbows.
- Step 3: Rinse off the body polish with normal water.
- Step 4: Apply moisturizer when your skin is damp.
Caution: Make sure to use the right scrub for body polish and not to do body polishing if you have any cuts, sunburns or sores.
Body Polishing Benefits
Body polishing at home offers so many benefits to deliver that post-vacation radiant skin all year round. Scroll down to know the best benefits of this skin care treatment.
1. Promotes cell growth:
The exfoliation of your skin through the techniques of body polishing removes the dirt accumulated in the pores and stimulates the growth of new cells. In addition, gentle scrubs containing sugar, salt, coffee grind, or even oatmeal serve as a useful ingredient to get rid of unwanted patches, thus revealing layers of healthy and glowing skin.
Also read: How to have a fabulous staycation
2. Reduces pigmentation:
Getting rid of pigmentation can be quite a task, especially when the spots are a little too prominent. However, obtaining lighter skin through chemical and natural ingredients can be done using methods of body polishing. It also eliminates blemishes and also reduces the production of melanin.
3. Rejuvenates skin:
When living in an excessively hectic and polluted environment, the skin tends to be dull and lifeless. This is when your skin is calling out for a session of body polishing. Gently scrubbing your skin with a suitable agent helps eliminate dead skin cells, thus bringing out the natural glow!
4. Hydrates skin:
The process of exfoliation that results in the opening of skin pores also needs to be closed to avoid further accumulation of dirt. Hydrating agents like aromatic essential oils and body lotions are used to moisturize your skin through body polishing steps, which help close these very pores by penetrating into your skin, hence giving it a soft, smooth surface.
5. Stimulates blood flow:
Exfoliation and massage in body polishing help in the constant stimulation of blood flow and help the skin to relax. It also removes toxins and unwanted materials, thus enhancing skin texture and bringing out a healthy, natural glow!
How is Yes Madam’s Body Polishing at home done?
One of the most in-demand services of Yes Madam is the body polishing service. The 7-steps procedure targets dullness, dryness, and tanning. With Yes Madam’s body polishing service, you get an expert at your chosen time who gives you a much-needed pampering session in the comfort of your home.
The process begins with you lying down on a comfortable platform that allows your body to relax. You can ask your beautician to take you through the process of body polishing once they actually start with it. You’ll be asked to lie with your face down, to begin with. Next, the beautician will begin the process by scrubbing your body, one part at a time. After which, they’ll clean it with a cleanser and then massage it with a cream towards the end. Then, they’ll rinse off your body with lukewarm water. So, now no more searching for ‘body polishing near me’, enjoy body polishing at home with Yes Madam.
Difference between Body Polishing and Body Scrub
People often misunderstand body polishing as a body scrub. Even if both exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin cells, body scrubs cleanse the skin while body polishes remove dead skin cells and hydrate.
A body scrub treatment solely aims to remove dead skin and restore your skin’s health, whereas a body polishing treatment can be best described as a facial for the entire body. It exfoliates and hydrates the skin, thus cleansing it thoroughly.
Does body polishing at home help remove tanning?
Body polishing exfoliates the skin, removes dead cells, and moisturises the skin too. When followed regularly, body polishing at home helps remove tan and even close pores, which leads to a lightening of the skin tone.
Things to know about body polishing at home
- Anyone with fragile, sunburnt skin should refrain from getting a body polishing treatment as any harsh, rough, or vigorous skin may tend to damage the skin.
- If you’re suffering from any disease like cancer, it is advisable to avoid body polishing to avoid any type of skin reactions.
- Make sure to be clear of any allergic reactions that may occur from natural ingredients if you opt for homemade scrubs so that your skin remains rash-free and safe.
- Look out for any side effects during a body polishing treatment when there are chemical products, as this can leave damaging effects if the skin is new to them.
- Don’t forget to use sunscreen after getting a body polishing treatment every time you step out in the sun to avoid any direct sunlight.
- Refrain from using soap bars after getting a body polishing treatment as soap makes the skin dry, thus removing all the moisturizing effects. Make sure to use the right body polish for dry skin.
What are you waiting for? Book body polishing at home now.
FAQs on Body Polishing at Home
How to do body polishing at home?
How can I take body polishing services at home?
What is skin polishing?
What is the difference between body polishing and body scrub?