Rejuvenate Your Hair Today With A Nourishing Hair Mask!
Earlier, we needed a nice hair massage from our mothers or grandmothers with some heated coconut oil to rejuvenate our hair. But in this era of increasing population and workload stress, it becomes tough for us to take care of our hair like we used to do. That’s where hair masks can save the day and your hair, of course. Hair masks have been around for many centuries, and it was defined by bathing your hair with oils from herbs or flowers or ingredients such as milk and honey. When you visit a hair salon for a hair spa treatment, you can observe that they apply a mask on your hair during the treatment. However, these masks can only give short-term benefits as they are mostly filled with harsh chemicals. Thus, you need home remedies for a hair mask that will help keep your hair healthy and strong for a long time. Did you know that a good hair mask would work ten times better than your usual conditioner, even if you apply the mask once a month? It won’t be wrong to say that hair masks are treatments for your hair that deeply condition, cleanse and hydrate your hair and scalp.
Table of Contents
Hair Mask Benfits
There is a wide range of benefits that you would experience from using hair masks. The benefits may slightly differ with the ingredients that go into the hair mask. In general, here are some of the benefits that a hair mask could provide:
- Rehydration of your hair and scalp: One of the most common hair problems people face is dry hair. If your hair is dry, you will probably also be dealing with dull and unmanageable hair. It could seem like you have bad hair days all the time and can’t seem to style it to save your life. This is when a hair mask would be your best friend. A nourishing hair mask would help rejuvenate your hair by adding the much-needed hydration and nutrients to it.
- Helps reduce and reverse the damage to your hair: If you style your hair with hot tools quite often, you have a high chance of getting your hair damaged and dry. Some shampoos claim to reduce and even reverse hair damage but do not get swayed into those traps. What would help you reduce and reverse your damaged hair is a hair mask. A nourishing mask would strengthen the roots and strands of your hair, thus replenishing any nutrient deficiency your scalp might have. In addition, hair masks with amino acids are perfect for repairing damaged hair.
- Key to shiny, smooth hair: We all have to wash our hair at least twice or three times a week using both shampoo and condition, all of it to achieve smooth and shiny hair. But guess what a more accessible option is? A hair mask is a perfect choice if you are looking to get soft and lustrous hair. Besides that, a hair mask would help get rid of your other hair problems like dandruff or excessive oiliness of the scalp.
- There is, however, a need to go for expensive treatments: When you face dull, dry or unmanageable hair that is too damaged to style, you would think of the best option to go to a hair salon or a dermatologist to get expensive hair treatments. However, while it is necessary to go to a dermatologist if you face severe problems, your problems might have an easy solution: a homemade hair mask. Not only will a hair mask work wonders if applied routinely once a week, but you might also find that you don’t have to get any treatments after all!
What are the different types of hair masks and the different kinds of hair you can apply on?
Now that you know all the benefits of a hair mask, you need to understand that each hair mask is different, as each hair mask is made to address various hair problems. So, here are the different hair masks best suited to the different hair types.
Homemade Hair Masks best suited to the different hair types
- For dry hair: If your hair looks and feels parched, prepare a mask of egg, apple cider vinegar and honey to provide nourishment and shine to your hair.
- For flaky scalp or dandruff: A flaky scalp and dandruff results from a dry scalp. To prevent this, try a mask of coconut oil, sugar and essential oils like peppermint or tea tree oil.
- For dry or dull hair: For moisturised and healthy hair, you should try coconut oil, honey and apple cider vinegar masks that would also add shine to your hair.
- To promote hair growth: Use a mask of coconut oil and cinnamon to help strengthen the roots of your hair, improve blood circulation and promote hair growth.
- Itchy or irritated scalp: A green tea mask would work wonders for this problem as it will help soothe your scalp and rebalance it. You can also add peppermint oil for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Oily hair: An egg mask would work best if you have greasy hair, as the egg whites will help get rid of excess oils due to the presence of protein enzymes.
- For damaged hair: Damaged hair can result from pollution, stress, hair dyes, and much more for damaged hair. It would be best to prepare and apply a hair mask that includes olive oil and avocado. This mask would help moisturise your scalp and add shine to your hair.
Q1.Should I shampoo after a hair mask?
After having your hair mask on for the required amount of time, you should wash your hair thoroughly with cool or lukewarm water to get the products out. You could shampoo after a couple of washes.
Q2.Is hair spa good for thin hair?
Regular hair salons could help save your hair from thinning out, which could be happening due to stress, a bad lifestyle, etc. In addition, a hair spa would improve blood circulation to your scalp, thus stimulating hair growth.