Different Types Of Facials And How To Choose The Right One
We all have busy lives, and in the midst of all the hustle, sometimes we just want to relax and enjoy a relaxing spa treatment. It is after those pampering sessions that we feel relaxed and rejuvenated enough to go ahead with our daily lives once again. Moreover, spa sessions, especially facials, have many benefits. One of the major benefits that you would enjoy after a spa session is improved blood circulation.
Facials are one of the best ways to give your skin the love e it deserves. (Read 5 beauty benefits of facial). With increasing studies and research, salons have started using a range of products and techniques, thus bringing to you many types of facials. While this is definitely a desirable scenario, you might get confused about which facial to opt for. There are several factors to consider before you choose a facial, for example, your skin type, what it needs, and much more. At Yes Madam, we not only provide you with a range of spa sessions and facial services by professionals right at your home but also help you choose the facial you want to get. Keep reading more to find out about the different facial types out there and which would be best for you.
Type of facials out there
- Classic Facial (European/Deep Cleansing): Also known as European facial, this type of facial involves deep cleansing of the face and surrounding skin, exfoliating, moisturising, and also a face mask. The products used in this type of facial depend on the skin type that is being performed on. First, the skin is cleansed, after which an exfoliating scrub is used to remove dead skin. A steam treatment is performed to extract blackheads and whiteheads. Finally, you will get a moisturising massage which would mark the end of the facial. It is one of the best facials to refresh, rejuvenate and hydrate your skin. This facial can be performed on normal skin types. Also, read about the difference between clean-up and facial.
- Aromatherapy: As you can tell by the name, this facial involves aromatherapy and mainly natural oils, which have added benefits for your skin. Not only does this type of facial help rejuvenate the skin, but it also relaxes the mind with the aroma of the oils. This facial involves exfoliating, a mask, serum, and also an under-eye gel. The plant cells present in oils used in this facial revive the skin at the molecular level and also help remove dead and damaged cells. This facial is good for normal to dry skin types.
- Anti-Aging Facial: Another self-explanatory facial, anti-ageing facials are done to reduce the skin ageing signs. It involves products and techniques that help in doing so. Women over the age of 30 benefit greatly from anti-ageing facials. The process of this facial includes deep cleansing of pores, exfoliation and skin resurfacing or microdermabrasion. At last, a collagen-based serum is used to complete the facial. This type of facial is suitable for all skin types. However, if you have sensitive or oily skin, you should ask for products that suit you.
- Intraceutical Facial: This facial is quite popular among Bollywood stars. It helps in giving you hydrated and brighter skin. If you are over 30 and want your skin to look young, this is the facial for you. Not only does this facial involve cleansing your skin, but it also uses hyaluronic acid combined with pressurised oxygen so that your skin can absorb necessary peptides, vitamins, and antioxidants. Lastly, this facial is completed with a moisturising massage and is suitable for all skin types.
- Brightening Facial: If your skin looks dull and dry most of the time, this is the facial for you. Brightening facials involve a few layers of serums and then a brightening mask with active ingredients such as phytic acid, mandelic acid, azelaic acid, and vitamins such as C and B3. Your skin would look radiant, toned, and hydrated after this facial. It is suitable for all skin types.
Which facial would suit your skin type best?
- Normal or Dry skin: For this skin type, you should choose a deep cleansing facial that involves a moisturising massage, and also uses a steam treatment to help remove buildup. The facial should also include a hydrating serum or moisturising mask at the end. For normal to dry skin types, a classic facial works best, and it gives your skin the nourishment and rejuvenation it needs. If your skin is on the dry side, avoid exfoliating too much.
- Oily skin: If you have oily skin, you should go for facials that use natural extracts, focus on deep cleansing of the skin, and extraction alongside toning. It should also include a face mask and a protective serum. The mask would help remove excess oils, close open pores and help make the skin soft and supple. Intraceuticals facial would be ideal for oily skin.
- Combination Skin: Since combination skin is literally a combination of oily and normal or dry skin, you would need to get a facial that involves mild products. This is important so that the oily parts of your skin don’t break out and the dry skin gets hydrated and not dried out. You could opt for brightening or intraceutical facials but make sure the products being used suit you.
- Sensitive skin: If you have sensitive skin, you must avoid facials that include exfoliation or AHAs as these aggravate the skin further. Instead, you should go for a facial that involves gentle massages with products like chamomile or green tea. You could also opt for oxygenating facials or those that help hydrate the skin and work on sensitive skin types. You could thus opt for intraceutical facials.
As we have previously said, a facial is one of the best ways you can give your skin the nourishment it needs. After a facial, your skin would look healthy and glowing for at least a week. But how do you keep your skin looking that way? You just have to follow a healthy skincare routine to keep your skin soft, supple, and healthy for longer. Read to know the skincare routine after getting a facial.
If you are thinking about getting a facial at home now, contact us at Yes Madam for facial services in Bangalore. We not only provide at-home salon services by trained and experienced professionals right in the comforts of your home but also provide many other services like manicure, pedicure, etc.
Also, read about the golden glow facial right at your doorstep.
Thanks for such an informative and elaborate article. It was really enjoyable to read and learn.
Thanks so much for your very useful, informative, and elaborate post.