The benefits of spa treatments for men
The history of spa therapy
Spa treatment has become one of the most popular ways to pamper yourself. The Belgians discovered in 1326 that spa had several therapeutic benefits beyond sanitation. As a result, spas began to spring up all over the world, gaining rapid popularity. It is both physically and mentally beneficial to visit a spa. Back pain and arthritis are two ailments for which spa therapy is increasingly used as a medical treatment. Spas are defined by the International Spa Association as “entities” devoted to enhancing overall wellbeing through a variety of professional services that encourage the renewal of mind, body, and Spirit.”
Reasons why men should hit the spa
The spa has been mostly restricted to females despite all the benefits it offers. Spa treatments are observed to be more tailored to men than to women. Here are a few reasons why men need spa therapy:
- Relaxation is the biggest takeaway from a spa day, and relaxation is a human need. The products used in spas are gender-neutral. The spa has a variety of products for various skin types and men can easily choose the products best suited for their skin type. Men can greatly benefit from facial treatments, they use significantly less moisturizing products on their faces than women. According to several studies, men need moisturizing too, since they are constantly shaving their faces. A man’s skin can be dramatically improved by a good facial on a spa day.
- Waxing is one of the services offered at spas and men can benefit a lot from it. Waxing the chest and back can be tricky. This is taken care of at a spa and the results stay for a longer period.
- Massages are the best way to relieve stress. After a long day of sitting behind your computer and working or after an intense workout at the gym, massage for men is the best way to get all the tightness and stress out of your system. It untangles muscle knots and releases tension, leaving you feeling rejuvenated.
- The manicure and pedicure services are essential to maintaining good hygiene. Our hands and feet come in contact with dirt the most. Having clean and trimmed nails and healthy cuticles not only for the appearance but also for health. Most men are completely unaware of the importance of men grooming services. Occasional spa visits can be of great help to them.
- Spending time at the spa with your loved one is a wonderful experience. With special packages made for couples, it is a great bonding activity for them. Couples can unwind together and de-stress after a long week by spending quality time together.
- Spas are said to be directly linked to happiness and self-esteem. Our self-esteem is positively impacted by a well-groomed and clean appearance. It helps to increase the secretion of cortisol, the primary stress hormone. It also boosts energy levels and restores balance so that we are better equipped to handle stressful situations.
Recent changes in the spa industry
Although it’s better for both the sexes to take care of their physical and mental health in order to be happy and healthy, wellness is viewed as a feminine endeavour. However, there have been improvements in terms of un-gendering in the wellness and beauty industries in recent years. With the intensification of globalization, the concept of beauty and the need for beauty has undergone evolutionary changes.
In the present day, men and women tend to spend more time, energy, and money on beauty treatments in beauty salons and spas. In the past decade, the male spa-goer population has jumped from 31% to 47%, according to the Consumer Snapshot studies. Men are also becoming more aware of the importance of self-care and are taking steps towards it. Increasingly, people are realizing that spas are not just about beauty and pampering, but also about their health and overall well-being. Due to the rat race and constant competition of today’s world, it becomes necessary to take a break from our mundane routines.
In response to the growing male clientele, spas are also coming up with innovative ways to make their male clients feel comfortable and welcome.
While many spas still utilize hyper-feminine décor and fragrances, they are quickly adopting a gender-neutral ambience that appeals to both men and women. The subtle but significant change is indicative of the spa business’s growing concern and attention to the needs of its male clients.
Additionally, the industry of men’s grooming has seen steady growth. In the last few years, this industry has grown to be worth billions of dollars, breaking gender and beauty stereotypes constantly. This has contributed to the growth of unisex services. In order to make the spa unisex, men must also feel welcome. Creating packages and offers for men can be an effective way to encourage more men to take advantage of the service. We see many spa pictures on magazines and billboards of women relaxing. The inclusion of males in advertisements is also necessary. It is possible to make male clients feel more comfortable by hiring men as massage therapists. By doing this, we will establish trust and a professional reputation with the men, breaking the stigma that wellness is a feminine concept.
And after reading this article if you are craving one Spa session, Yes Madam has a few interesting deals for you all. Click the below buttons to go through the appealing deals, select your favourite one and RELAX!!!!