Mistakes You’re Making With Hair Conditioner
When you’re in a hurry, it’s almost too frequent for you to skip the conditioner. And on other days depending on how long you leave it on, your hair will feel silky and frizz-free. Once your shampoo is done, you’re ready to go. This is especially true if your hair feels sticky, weighed down, or oily after using conditioner. So does this ring a bell? It’s possible that you’re misusing this must-have hair product and hair care step.
Like a moisturizer for your skin, a conditioner does the same for your hair. It hydrates your hair and protects it from all types of damage. According to celebrity hairstylist Kanta Motwani, founder of Kromakay Salons and Academy, “Allow it to set on your hair for a minute or two, then massage it in gently until you see your cuticles emulsify and smoothen downward.” Shampoo expands the cuticle, whereas conditioner closes and flattens it. It’s like a protective layer that makes the hair more manageable and tangle-free, resulting in a lustrous finish.” So, according to the expert, if you haven’t been getting the desired outcomes, here’s what you might be doing incorrectly.
How to use conditioner
- In the shower, completely rinse away all of the shampoos.
- Each brand specifies the amount of product to be used. Use the amount specified on the bottle’s label.
- Do not use conditioner on your scalp. Start at the top of the shaft and work your way down to the edges.
- Run your fingers or a wide-tooth comb through your hair all the way down.
- Allow 1-2 minutes for the conditioner to work.
- Finish by rinsing thoroughly. No product should be left on.
How to use conditioner after shampoo
- Wet your hair completely.
- In your palms, lather a quarter-sized dollop of shampoo, then work it into your roots. The tips of your hair do not require shampooing.
- Rinse the shampoo completely.
- Concentrate on the ends when applying conditioner.
- Use cold water for rinsing.
Can We Apply Conditioner on the Scalp
The location of application of hair conditioner is a common blunder. The wrong application can cause the scalp to become oily very quickly, leading you to doubt the value of a conditioner and eventually abandon its use. Start applying the conditioner at the ends, working your way up, rather than applying the conditioner to your scalp. Applying conditioner to the scalp is a big no-no!
How To Apply Conditioner
To condition your hair, follow these steps:
- In the shower, shampoo your hair. All shampoo should be rinsed out.
- Use the suggested amount of conditioner on the bottle (usually about the size of a quarter).
- Apply it evenly to your hair’s ends.
- From the chin to the ground, long hair should be worn. Applying conditioner to your scalp is not a good idea.
- Work the conditioner into the ends of your hair with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb.
- Allow it to sit for a few moments on your hair, as directed on the label.
Can we Use Conditioner Without Shampoo?
You may know how to use the conditioner in the sense that you apply it correctly, but there are plenty of additional blunders you might make. We notice a lot of people who don’t match their conditioner to their shampoo. The reality is, your conditioner will perform best when used in conjunction with the complementing shampoo, as this is what the product’s creators intended while creating it.
Do we really need to use Conditioners?
Let’s get this out of the way: yes, you do need to use a conditioner!
There’s no doubt that a good shampoo will clean your hair while also leaving it fresh and feeling excellent. Natural oils in your hair and scalp will be lost in the process, even if you use the greatest shampoos. That’s where a good conditioner comes in handy, and the advantages are numerous. These advantages include:
- Natural oils are essential for the general health of your hair and scalp.
- A protective layer coats the hair follicles, smoothing, thickening, and preserving the hair all day.
- Replenishes moisture loss during shampooing.
- Restore hair that has been damaged by heat from blow dryers and other sources.
To avail of our services click to below buttons:-