Best Root Touch-Ups To Save Your Hair From Salon Visits
Visiting a parlour every time is not a feasible option since it can be time-consuming and expensive too, especially for things such as colour touch up, which can be easily done by ourselves at home. You simply need to buy the best root touch-up product that will help your new hair mix easily with the rest of the hair colour, saving you from any embarrassment!
Root touch-up is a simple method of dyeing your hair roots so that they can blend in with the rest of your hair colour. As the new hair grows, the hair colour starts to fade leaving a visible difference between the dyed colour on your hair length and your natural hair colour on the new roots. This difference can be covered with the help of a root touch-up procedure. If you are a newbie you don’t need to worry at all. Read on Yes Madam’s exclusive recommendations that will make your hair look amazing.
Table of Contents
Which Root Touch-Up works best?
Check out this list of top root touch up products:
1. L’oreal Paris magic root cover-up
This is a spray product that quickly and easily hides the grays in your hair. The spray has a lightweight formula and therefore doesn’t leave scope for a sticky residue. Available in a range of shades and also has a micro-diffuser.
2. Garnier Express Retouch Gray Hair Concealer
Now hide greys between your roots easily with this product of Garnier. Comes with a sponge applicator that ensures a clean application of pigment. An award-winning product, this retouch concealer is lab tested, therefore, ensures no flaking, and is easy to use.
3. Madison Reed Root Touch up
One of the best roots touches up for blonde hair, this powder provides a completely natural look and stays put. It incorporates very well with the rest of the hair and doesn’t come off easily. This product includes two different colours, so you can easily customize your shade. Also, comes with a mirror, and a brush.
4. R+co bright shadows root touch up spray
A spray that elevates your look by making your hair look fresh until your next shampoo. Created with a sulfate-free and vegan formula including, pearl extract which helps in providing a shine to your hair, and biotin.
5. Bumble and Bumble Color stick
One of the most precise color sticks that will very neatly help you touch up your root areas. It has a unique tip that makes it easier to carry out the process. If you are in a hurry or have an urgent party or function to attend and your hair needs a touch-up, this is the best way to cover it. The product is waterproof.
6. Rita Hazan Root Concealer Touch Up Spray
The perfect option for thinning hair, this spray covers large areas of your hair at once and dries quickly. It is waterproof and transfer-proof until your next hair wash. This spray is an effortless way to get a natural look. Also, the spray tints sparse areas on your hair
How do you touch up hair roots?
Follow these simple steps to get a flawless hair touch up at home:
- A root touch-up spray or powder can easily do the job of touch-up if your eye colour is different from your natural hair colour. This should not be very difficult to carry out.
- If your dye colour is quite different from your natural hair colour you might need a permanent hair dye product to cover up the greys.
- Segregate your hairline and apply vaseline before you begin the process to avoid staining the skin.
- Ensure to apply touch-up only on shampooed hair since oil or dirt can interfere with the function of the product and might not provide the desired results.
- Always go for a light colour if your hair tends to absorb the colour quickly.
- Take the help of a shade finder to choose a colour that is closest to your eye colour.
- Do not apply the touch-up product on areas where your hair already has colour. Strictly use it on roots otherwise it can make your hair look unnatural and indistinct.
How do you cover roots between colorings?
1. Wear a headband
A stylish way to cover your roots between colourings is to wear a headband. Choose a headband that matches your outfit, and elevates your look. Wearing a headband will also help camouflage frizz and flyaways.
2. Apply a temporary root cover-up spray
As mentioned earlier, one of the quickest and easiest ways to hide your greys is by applying a root touch spray. Choose a spray that will match the colour of the rest of your hair and leave no sticky residue once it dries.
3. Conceal with hair mascara
Brush your roots with mascara until it is fully disguised and wash it off at the end of the day. Be sure to choose a shade that matches your dye hair colour.
4. Tie up your hair into a bun
If you do not wish to apply any product you can cover your roots by making a messy sleeky bun. Apply a hair gel, pull your hair back into a straight ponytail, and twist it around into a bun. This also gives you an opportunity to experiment with new hairstyles!
5. Switch your hair part
Move your hair onto the side or area where you wish to cover your roots. Move it to the side or comb it back to hide your demarcation lines. If your hair has low-density volume, this is a perfect way to cover your roots without the help of touch-up tools.
Experience a relaxing and peaceful head massage session that promotes hair growth and prevents migraines from Yes Madam. Refresh and balance your body’s energy with soothing oil head massage services at home. Our experts are well trained and ensure to provide you with the best service. We also provide beauty care services, and other hair care services so do check out our website.