The Ultimate Guide to Body Polishing
In this busy hectic world of the twenty-first century where almost everyone you meet may be going through stress due to work, there is hardly any time that people get to pamper and look after themselves. In these times, we have also come to realize how important self-care is. Most of us are familiar with the ways that we can care for the skin of our faces but let us bring to your notice that your body needs some of that care too. That is because besides your face, your body too gets exposed to the dirt and pollution outside and it is necessary that you cleanse and take care of your body.
Did you know that the random zits, bumps and dead skin cells on your body are the direct effects of the pollution? So, the solution to this and taking care of your body is the art of body polishing.
But what is body polishing? Body polishing can be described as similar to a facial but for your whole body. It can also sometimes be regarded as synonymous with a body scrub. Body polishing is mainly aimed at cleansing and exfoliating your skin such that it retains a youthful, glowing appearance for a long time.
Benefits of Body Polishing
As we mentioned earlier, body polishing is a technique of scrubbing your body with suitable creams or products so that your skin is exfoliated and hydrated, thus also opening up clogged pores. Body polishing has many benefits. For example, it helps the skin to breathe and enhances blood circulation throughout your body. The scrub that is used also contains salt, sugar and other grainy minerals so that your body gets the most benefit out of it.
Here are some of the immediate body polishing benefits:
1. Promotes the growth of new cells
Through the techniques of body polishing, your skin gets exfoliated which means not only does the dirt accumulated in your skin get removed but it also promotes the growth of new cells. Scrubs that are generally used in body polishing contain salt, sugar, coffee grind or even oatmeal. These serve a great purpose to remove unwanted layers of dead skin cells and promote the growth of new ones.
2. Reduces pigmentation on the skin
Sometimes you may find pigmentation on some areas of your skin and most of these can be hard to remove. Through body polishing techniques, you can achieve lighter skin and get rid of the pigments through natural ingredients. Besides that, body polishing can also help remove blemishes.
3. Rejuvenates your skin:
We are all living in a highly polluted and stressful environment and this can take a toll on the health of our skin and make it look dull. Thus, the solution to getting the natural glow back is a session of body polishing when you can get rid of the dead skin cells and your skin can absorb the good qualities of the natural scrub.
4. Hydrates and moisturizes your skin
In the exfoliation process, your clogged pores get opened so that the dirt accumulated in the pores can be removed. But it is also necessary to close those pores after the exfoliation process. In a session of body polishing, hydrating agents like essential oils are used to moisturize your skin and close the pores so that you have smooth, supple skin.
5. Enhances blood circulation:
The exfoliation and massage used in body polishing enhance blood circulation throughout your body, thus increasing the overall health of your skin. The massage and exfoliation also help your skin to relax and remove unwanted toxins, bringing out your natural glow.
Read more about the benefits of body polishing.
Body Polishing methods you can try at home
Although the body polishing price is worth paying, some people prefer to DIY body polishing at home. If you’re one of them, here are some of the easiest DIY body polishing at-home step by step methods.
- Strawberry and Sugar Scrub: Blend a few strawberries to a pulp, add 4 to 5 tablespoons of sugar, and then mix some almond oil to it. Mix all the ingredients to make a coarse paste. After applying it all over your body, let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it off. This is a great body scrub for exfoliating and hydrating your skin.
- Baking soda and Coconut oil: Add half a cup of baking soda to half a cup of lemon juice and mix them well. Then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and your favorite essential oil and mix it well. Apply this scrub on your body for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Your skin will be moisturized by the coconut oil while the mix of baking soda and lemon juice will help lighten the dark spots on your skin.
- Sea salt and Vitamin E: Add 2 to 3 tablespoons each of vitamin e oil and sea salt. Then add the same amount of honey and some baby oil, to make a paste. Massage this paste all over your body and let it sit for some time before rinsing it off. Vitamin E is a great antioxidant and baby oil helps make your skin soft and supple.
Thus, body polishing for men and women can be deemed as a great way to replenish and rejuvenate your skin and also an awesome form of self-care. You may sometimes experience difficulties applying the body scrubs all over your body at home by yourself.
We, at Yes Madam, provide at-home salon, spa and body scrub services– all of which are performed by trained professionals. All the products are dermatologically tested and 100% natural and aim at 100% client satisfaction. And let’s be real, at-home salon services are always the best!