DIY Charcoal Face Mask- Its Benefits & How to Apply It
Charcoal has been a magical substance that has cured blackheads and purifies your skin from deep and promotes healthy and clean skin. It has been in the trend for a few years now, people earlier didn’t even know about the existence of charcoal or its benefits. But the “black” magic has surprised everyone with its properties.
Charcoal face mask, not only helps you get rid of dust and unwanted things from your skin but also helps your teeth to whiten and get stronger and fresh-looking.
In today’s time, charcoal has taken the stage and has been a prestige ingredient in skincare.
Benefits Of Choosing Charcoal
- It promotes healthy skin as it helps in deep cleansing, by removing all the dirt from the pores.
- Charcoal mask also helps in clearing out blackheads and also helps in exfoliating the skin.
- Its regenerating and rejuvenating properties keep your face in becoming healthy and shiny.
- With the great properties it also is great for detoxifying and nourishing your face.
DIY Charcoal Face Masks
There are different types of masks for different requirements.
1. Mask for acne skin
Acne prone skin is a sensitive skin type, and it is advised not to use any peel-off mask as that can harm your skin even more and lead to redness and irritation.
- ½ teaspoon of activated charcoal powder helps to absorb the extra oils from your skin.
- 1 tablespoon of clay powder helps your skin to tighten up a little.
- The antibacterial property of apple cider vinegar helps to fight the germs on your face. just add 2 teaspoons of it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to make the paste of all the ingredients.
2. Mask for dull skin
The pollution around us or in the air makes a layer over our face. The layer takes away all the brightness and makes it look dull and old. To get back to normal skin you can use charcoal as an ingredient that can help you to remove the dead cells from your face.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking soda that will help in creating some friction in your skin and will exfoliate your face.
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil to add some fragrance to your mask. It also helps you to soothe the skin.
- Add 1 tablespoon almond oil to moisturize your skin.
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour can help your skin to look brighter and glowy as it will help you to bring back the glow on your face.
- 2 teaspoons of Activated charcoal powder that will clean the pores and make your skin better.
3. Mask for oily skin
For oily skin charcoal really helps to absorb the excess oil from your skin and helps the pores to breathe and not cause any blockage.
- It helps with the cleansing and oil control the activated charcoal powder is the best as it shows visible results.
- For moisturization, organic coconut oil is good as it helps to lock the moisture.
- Baking soda helps to remove the dead skin from the face.
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil for freshness and the goodness of the mask.
Is charcoal face mask good for skin?
Does charcoal face mask damage skin?
What happens if you use charcoal mask everyday?
Can charcoal face mask cause pimples?
Do the black face masks really work?
Charcoal face mask has been in hype and not gonna lie it really works wonder to the skin. Over usage of peel off mask can be harmful to your skin and can take off the nutrients from the skin. It is really important to have a healthy skin and for that we have to maintain the good skin.
Also, read about our blog on Bleach- An Easy Guide For Application And Aftercare.